Translate

Wednesday 8 November 2017

Textual description of firstImageUrl

Interview Tips & Materials



Interview Related and Study Material 








Interview Questions


1. Tell me about yourself


Ans: Good morning sir/madam. First of all I am very thankful to you, for giving me this opportunity, to introduce myself. My name is XXXX, I am 22 years old.I am from Bangalore. Talking about My qualification, I have completed my Graduation with Electronics & communication from LPU, Bangalore with aggregate of 90% marks. I did my matriculation and intermediate from D.P.S . About My Family. I have small family consist of 4 members including me. My father is a Business man and my mother is house wife I have one younger sister. Coming to my strengths. My strength is hard work because without hard work we cannot get any success. My hobbies are Watching movie. Listening to music. Spending free time with my family. Reading the Books based on IT, working on Computer for knowledge base. As a fresher I don't have any work experience so far, but I will try to prove myself once given an opportunity. That's all about me. Thank you.


2. What is your rating in c/c++ out of 10?


Ans: around 5


3. What are your favorite subjects?


Ans: Math,


4. Any question from our side?


Ans: I asked when I will come to know that I have been selected.


Interviewer: you can wait outside we will put a list outside.


Again he asked any question? This time I asked whether your company provide any fund for the charitable society.


Interviewer: yes


then I asked when I will come to you, will you provide me also? He asked which organization you belong to I replied TA'AWWUN TRUST.








5. Which football playing country do you like most?


Ans: Brazil.








6. Why not Argentina?


Ans: Well, Sir; actually when we watch the match of Brazil, we get a vicarious feeling that we are playing.








7. What are your strengths?


Ans: I can do work in clique as well as alone.








8. One solid strength?


Ans: I am reliable.








9. What are your weaknesses?


Ans: I am not vindictive, whatever the people do for me I bear that stoically. Once I requested my friend to provide his pendrive as I have to do some work. He denied me. And then I bought mine and whenever he asked me for pendrive I never denied him.








10. Why should we select you in Samsung?


Ans: Sir, I do relate the theoretical knowledge with practical for example as I have done seminar on GSM and I gave a look on my mobile first and looked for the IMEI no. and found that it is 358354/00/263669/3 , so this is simple example of my ability.








11. Why do u want to join Samsung? Give only 1 solid reason.


Ans: Job security.








12. other than job security?


Ans: i come to know that your company works for the upliftment of the community and leveraged the standard of living of many people , so I can get a chance to serve the community also when I am in TCS.








13. Do u read magazines?


Ans: yes, I read CSR.








14. So u want to become an IAS officer?


Ans: I said with a smile no sir, I read CSR for the amelioration of my English and GK only.








15. How would u scale yourself technically on a scale of 5?


Ans::around 3








16. It means u r an average student?


Ans: Yes I am.









17. What were u doing for the whole day?


Ans: Sir, I was waiting for my turn.








18. What is the difference b/w B.Tech comp science and B.Tech IT?


Ans: I don’t know








19. If not selected in samsung then in which company would u like to go?


Ans: sir I’ve not decided yet. When ill not get selected then I’ll think over it.








20. Name 5 IT companies.


Ans: I said samsung, which is India's no 1 company and Wipro”. And then I kept silent. I knew more names but I didn’t speak them out.









21. Tell me about something you did – or failed to do – that you now feel a little ashamed of?


Ans:









22. Why are you leaving (or did you leave) this position?


Ans:


23. Why should I hire you?


Ans:


24. Aren’t you overqualified for this position?


Ans:


25. Where do you see yourself five years from now?


Ans: I am definitely interested in making a long-term commitment to my next position. Judging by what you’ve told me about this position, it’s exactly what I’m looking for and what I am very well qualified to do. In terms of my future career path, I’m confident that if I do my work with excellence, opportunities will inevitable open up for me. It’s always been that way in my career, and I’m confident I’ll have similar opportunities here.


26. Describe your ideal company, location and job.


Ans:


27. Why do you want to work at our company?


Ans:


28. What are your career options right now?


Ans:


29. Why have you been out of work so long ?


Ans: After my job was terminated, I made a conscious decision not to jump on the first opportunities to come along. In my life, I’ve found out that you can always turn a negative into a positive IF you try hard enough. This is what I determined to do. I decided to take whatever time I needed to think through what I do best, what I most want to do, where I’d like to do it…and then identify those companies that could offer such an opportunity.” “Also, in all honesty, you have to factor in the recession (consolidation, stabilization, etc.) in the (banking, financial services, manufacturing, advertising, etc.) industry.” “So between my being selective and the companies in our industry downsizing, the process has taken time. But in the end, I’m convinced that when I do find the right match, all that careful evaluation from both sides of the desk will have been well worthwhile for both the company that hires me and myself.


30. Tell me honestly about the strong points and weak points of your boss (company, management team, etc.)


Ans:


31. What good books have you read lately?


Ans:


32. Tell me about a situation when your work was criticized?


Ans:


33. What are your outside interests ?


Ans:


34. How do you feel about reporting to a younger person (minority, woman, etc)?


Ans:


35. What would you say to your boss if he’s crazy about an idea, but you think it stinks ?


Ans: I believe that when evaluating anything, it’s important to emphasize the positive. What do I like about this idea?” “Then, if you have reservations, I certainly want to point them out, as specifically, objectively and factually as I can.” “After all, the most important thing I owe my boss is honesty. If he can’t count on me for that, then everything else I may do or say could be questionable in his eyes.” “But I also want to express my thoughts in a constructive way. So my goal in this case would be to see if my boss and I could make his idea even stronger and more appealing, so that it effectively overcomes any initial reservation I or others may have about it.” “Of course, if he overrules me and says, ‘no, let’s do it my way,’ then I owe him my full and enthusiastic support to make it work as best it can.”


35. How could you have improved your career progress ?


Ans:


36. What would you do if a fellow executive on your own corporate level wasn’t pulling his weight…and this was hurting your department?


Ans: Good human relations would call for me to go directly to the person and explain the situation, to try to enlist his help in a constructive, positive solution. If I sensed resistance, I would be as persuasive as I know how to explain the benefits we can all gain from working together, and the problems we, the company and our customers will experience if we don’t.


37. And what would you do if he still did not change his ways?


Ans: One thing I wouldn’t do is let the problem slide, because it would only get worse and overlooking it would set a bad precedent. I would try again and again and again, in whatever way I could, to solve the problem, involving wider and wider circles of people, both above and below the offending executive and including my own boss if necessary, so that everyone involved can see the rewards for teamwork and the drawbacks of non-cooperation.” “I might add that I’ve never yet come across a situation that couldn’t be resolved by harnessing others in a determined, constructive effort.”


38. You’ve been with your firm a long time. Won’t it be hard switching to a new company ?


Ans:


39. May I contact your present employer for a reference ?


Ans: My present employer is not aware of my job search and, for obvious reasons; I’d prefer to keep it that way. I’d be most appreciative if we kept our discussion confidential right now. Of course, when we both agree the time is right, then by all means you should contact them. I’m very proud of my record there.


40. Where could you use some improvement ?


Ans:


41. What do you worry about ?


Ans: Redefine the word ‘worry’ so that it does not reflect negatively on you. I wouldn’t call it worry, but I am a strongly goal-oriented person. So I keep turning over in my mind anything that seems to be keeping me from achieving those goals, until I find a solution. That’s part of my tenacity, I suppose.


42. How do you feel about working nights and weekends ?


Ans: I do have a family who likes to see me after work and on weekends. They add balance and richness to my life, which in turn helps me be happy and productive at work. If I could handle some of the extra work at home in the evenings or on weekends, that would be ideal. You’d be getting a person of exceptional productivity who meets your needs with strong credentials. And I’d be able to handle some of the heavy workload at home where I can be under the same roof as my family. Everybody would win.”


43. Are you willing to relocate or travel ?


Ans:


44. Would you lie for the company ?


Ans: Try to avoid choosing between two values, giving a positive statement which covers all bases instead. Example: “I would never do anything to hurt the company.


45. Looking back, what would you do differently in your life ?


Ans: Indicate that you are a happy, fulfilled, optimistic person and that, in general, you wouldn’t change a thing. Example: “It’s been a good life, rich in learning and experience, and the best is yet to come. Every experience in life is a lesson it its own way. I wouldn’t change a thing.


46. Could you have done better in your last job ?


Ana: I suppose with the benefit of hindsight you can always find things to do better, of course, but off the top of my head, I can’t think of anything of major consequence.


47. Describer a situation that didn’t suffer because of you but from external conditions beyond your control ?


Ans: I wish we could have known at the start what we later found out (about the economy turning, the marketplace changing, etc.), but since we couldn’t, we just had to go for it. And we did learn from it.


48. Can you work under pressure?


Ans: Absolutely


49. What makes you angry ?


Ans: People who (the fill in the blanks with the most objectionable traits for this type of position)…people who don’t pull their own weight, who are negative, people who lie…etc.


50. Why aren’t you earning more money at this stage of your career ?


Ans: Making money is very important to me, and one reason I’m here is because I’m looking to make more. Throughout my career, what’s been even more important to me is doing work I really like to do at the kind of company I like and respect.


51. Who has inspired you in your life and why?


Ans:


52. What was the toughest decision you ever had to make?


Ans:


53. Tell me about the most boring job you’ve ever had.


Ans: Perhaps I’ve been fortunate, but that I’ve never found myself bored with any job I have ever held. I’ve always enjoyed hard work. As with actors who feel there are no small parts, I also believe that in every company or department there are exciting challenges and intriguing problems crying out for energetic and enthusiastic solutions. If you’re bored, it’s probably because you’re not challenging yourself to tackle those problems right under your nose.


54. Have you been absent from work more than a few days in any previous position?


Ans:


55. What changes would you make if you came on board?


Ans: Well, I wouldn’t be a very good doctor if I gave my diagnosis before the examination. Should you hire me, as I hope you will, I’d want to take a good hard look at everything you’re doing and understand why it’s being done that way. I’d like to have in-depth meetings with you and the other key people to get a deeper grasp of what you feel you’re doing right and what could be improved.


56. How many hours a week do you normally work?


Ans: If you are in fact a workaholic and you sense this company would like that: Say you are a confirmed workaholic, that you often work nights and weekends. Your family accepts this because it makes you fulfilled.


57. What’s the most difficult part of being a (job title)?


Ans: First, redefine “difficult” to be “challenging” which is more positive. Then, identify an area everyone in your profession considers challenging and in which you excel. Describe the process you follow that enables you to get splendid results…and be specific about those results.


58. What was the toughest challenge you’ve ever faced?


Ans: This is an easy question if you’re prepared. Have a recent example ready that demonstrates either: A quality most important to the job at hand; or A quality that is always in demand, such as leadership, initiative, managerial skill, persuasiveness, courage, persistence, intelligence, etc.


59. Have you consider starting your own business?


Ans: Oh, I may have given it a thought once or twice, but my whole career has been in larger organizations. That’s where I have excelled and where I want to be.


60. What are your goals?


Ans:


61. What do you for when you hire people?


Ans: Speak your own thoughts here, but for the best answer weave them around the three most important qualifications for any position. Can the person do the work (qualifications)? Will the person do the work (motivation)? Will the person fit in (“our kind of team player”)?


62. How much money do you want ?


Ans: Money is important to me, but is not my main concern. Opportunity and growth are far more important. What I’d rather do, if you don’t mind, is explore if I’m right for the position, and then talk about money. Would that be okay? /when asked about salary, respond by asking, “I’m sure the company has already established a salary range for this position. Could you tell me what that is?” Or, “I want an income commensurate with my ability and qualifications. I trust you’ll be fair with me. What does the position pay?” Or, more simply, “What does this position pay?”


63. “Do you plan to have children?”


Ans: you could answer, “I am wholeheartedly dedicated to my career“, perhaps adding, “I have no plans regarding children.


64. What was the toughest part of your last job?


Ans:


65. If you won $10 million lottery, would you still work?


Ans: This type of question is aimed at getting at your bedrock attitude about work and how you feel about what you do. Your best answer will focus on your positive feelings. Example: “After I floated down from cloud nine, I think I would still hold my basic belief that achievement and purposeful work are essential to a happy, productive life. After all, if money alone bought happiness, then all rich people would be all happy, and that’s not true. “I love the work I do, and I think I’d always want to be involved in my career in some fashion. Winning the lottery would make it more fun because it would mean having more flexibility, more options...who knows?” “Of course, since I can’t count on winning, I’d just as soon create my own destiny by sticking with what’s worked for me, meaning good old reliable hard work and a desire to achieve. I think those qualities have built many more fortunes that all the lotteries put together.


66. Looking back on your last position, have you done your best work?


Ans: To cover both possible paths this question can take, your answer should state that you always try to do your best, and the best of your career is right now.


67. Why should I hire you from the outside when I could promote someone from within?


Ans: In general, I think it’s a good policy to hire from within – to look outside probably means you’re not completely comfortable choosing someone from inside. “Naturally, you want this department to be as strong as it possibly can be, so you want the strongest candidate. I feel that I can fill that bill because…(then recap your strongest qualifications that match up with his greatest needs).”


68. Tell me something negative you’ve heard about our company








Ans: Just remember the rule – never be negative – and you’ll handle this one just fine.









69. On a scale of one to ten, rate me as an interviewer.


Ans: Once again, never be negative. The interviewer will only resent criticism coming from you. This is the time to show your positivism. However, don’t give a numerical rating. Simply praise whatever interview style he’s been using. If he’s been tough, say “You have been thorough and tough-minded, the very qualities needed to conduct a good interview.” If he’s been methodical, say, “You have been very methodical and analytical, and I’m sure that approach results in excellent hires for your firm.” In other words, pay him a sincere compliment that he can believe because it’s anchored in the behavior you’ve just seen.


What to Ask After the Offer


1. Will the actual work and job responsibilities provide gratification, fulfillment and challenge?


Ans: This question is often overlooked, because applicants get hung up on job titles, salary and benefits. Try to get a clear sense of what an actual day would be like. What will you spend the majority of your time doing? Is the work in line with your values? Will you likely learn this job quickly and become bored and unchallenged?









2: What are the boss's strengths and weaknesses?


Ans: This question can be tough to answer, and it's best saved for after the job offer has been extended. You'll want to get a good idea for your potential boss's management style. Speak to your potential boss as much as possible to get a feel for his personality and what you can live with. Does he micromanage? Will you get consistent feedback and reviews? Does he make small talk, or is every conversation strictly business?


3. How much change is in the works at your prospective company, and what kind?


Ans: Constant change at work can mean constant stress. Find out if there are any big changes coming, such as new processing systems or management, impending retirements or adoption of new procedures that still need to be ironed out. At the same time, remember that some of these transitions will have less effect on your position than others.








4. How many of my skills and experiences will I be able to use and learn?


Ans: Make sure your unique skills and talents will be used and that training and promotion are open in the future. When you decide to move on, you'll want to have a new crop of experiences to sell to your next employer. Your goal is to perform well at work while constantly growing and learning.









5. How many people have held the position in the past several years?


Ans: Knowing how many people have been in your job and why they left can offer you great insights. You'll want to know if they were promoted or quit altogether. A steady stream of resignations may be a sign you could be reentering the job market soon.


Questions To Ask the HR


What kinds of assignments might I expect the first six months on the job?


How often are performance reviews given?


Please describe the duties of the job for me.


What products (or services) are in the development stage now?


Do you have plans for expansion?


What are your growth projections for next year?


Have you cut your staff in the last three years?


Are salary adjustments geared to the cost of living or job performance?


Does your company encourage further education?


How do you feel about creativity and individuality?


Do you offer flextime?


What is the usual promotional time frame?


Does your company offer either single or dual career-track programs?


What do you like best about your job/company?


Once the probation period is completed, how much authority will I have over decisions?


Has there been much turnover in this job area?


Do you fill positions from the outside or promote from within first?


Is your company environmentally conscious?


In what ways is a career with your company better than one with your competitors?


Is this a new position or am I replacing someone?


What is the largest single problem facing your staff (department) now?


May I talk with the last person who held this position?


What qualities are you looking for in the candidate who fills this position?


What skills are especially important for someone in this position?


What characteristics do the achievers in this company seem to share?


Who was the last person that filled this position, what made them successful at it, where are they today, and how may I contact them?


Is there a lot of team/project work?


Will I have the opportunity to work on special projects?


Where does this position fit into the organizational structure?


How much travel, if any, is involved in this position?


What is the next course of action?


When should I expect to hear from you or should I contact you?


Tips for Interview


Entering the room Prior to the entering the door, adjust your attire so that it falls well. Before entering enquire by saying, “May I come in sir/madam”. If the door was closed before you entered, make sure you shut the door behind you softly. Face the panel and confidently say ‘Good day sir/madam’. If the members of the interview board want to shake hands, then offer a firm grip first maintaining eye contact and a smile. Seek permission to sit down. If the interviewers are standing, wait for them to sit down first before sitting. An alert interviewee would diffuse the tense situation with light-hearted humor and immediately set rapport with the interviewers.


Enthusiasm The interviewer normally pays more attention if you display an enthusiasm in whatever you say. This enthusiasm comes across in the energetic way you put forward your ideas. You should maintain a cheerful disposition throughout the interview, i.e. a pleasant countenance hold s the interviewers’ interest.


Humor A little humor or wit thrown in the discussion occasionally enables the interviewers to look at the pleasant side of your personality,. If it does not come naturally do not contrive it. By injecting humor in the situation doesn’t mean that you should keep telling jokes. It means to make a passing comment that, perhaps, makes the interviewer smile.


Eye contact You must maintain eye contact with the panel, right through the interview. This shows your self-confidence and honesty. Many interviewees while answering, tend to look away. This conveys you are concealing your own anxiety, fear and lack of confidence. Maintaining an eye contact is a difficult process. As the circumstances in an interview are different, the value of eye contact is tremendous in making a personal impact.Be natural Many interviewees adopt a stance which is not their natural self. It is amusing for interviewers when a candidate launches into an accent which he or she cannot sustain consistently through the interview or adopt mannerisms that are inconsistent with his/her personality. Interviewers appreciate a natural person rather than an actor. It is best for you to talk in natural manner because then you appear genuine.
x
x

                                      Give Something to the world and it will never let you down. 
                                                                                           Onkar Dubey 

No comments:

Post a Comment